Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, eight consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time. TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success.
TeraThink has a current opening for a Momentum Functional Training Lead who will work on projects through the software development process or Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC), and will perform in a variety of different roles throughout the life cycle. The candidate will be a part of a system integration team supporting a multi-service/multi-agency solution built on Momentum Financials® software, established as a key initiative to provide full visibility of funds distributed through the Department.
As a lead, candidates will be required to collaborate with a range of customers and stakeholders to assess and develop a comprehensive training curriculum to support a wide-scale user migration. The Functional Training Lead will plan, develop, execute, and evaluate training programs or activities to meet external customer or team learning objectives. The Training Lead has a detailed working knowledge of Momentum modules and application functionality. The Training Lead is experienced with conducting and supporting various trainings methods (e.g. instructor-led, computer based training, etc.) and is familiar with training tools/software (e.g. Camtasia).
A working understanding of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process with emphasis on the Budgeting component would be beneficial but not required.
Candidate must be capable of working independently and using the available resources to identify and present work products and deliverables. This person must be capable of communicating ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to clients and customers.
What You’ll Do
- Drive the development of training materials and lesson plans, determine training methods (CBT, instructor-led), and deliver training to end-users, as needed.
- Support daily interaction with the client and project manager including direct PMO support (i.e. change management, meetings, etc.)
- Research, organize, author, edit, and produce training materials to include presentations, user guides, quick reference guides, and other user support documentation, which include screen captures and graphics development for the Momentum application training.
- Manage, update and maintain version control on documentation, ensuring documentation is updated with system releases and available to users in a shared repository.
- Research application subject matter, including performing independent system analysis, interviewing and observing subject matter experts, reviewing source materials such as requirements documentation and design documentation to support appropriate associated training materials.
- Support the functional team throughout the various life cycle stage, as needed (e.g., testing, resolving help desk tickets, etc.).
- Assist with executing OCM strategy for an enterprise wide Financial Management System modernization effort.
- Facilitate integrated planning team meetings across large/diverse organizations to support SDLC phases.
The candidate shall possess the following knowledge and skills to support this requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum 3-5(+) years of experience supporting Federal Financial Management business operations at a Government site. Experience working with federal government clients is required; experience with DoD clients is preferred.
- Experience with finance and accounting operational support using Momentum financials is required. Momentum financials 6.5 or greater preferred. Government Financial Management background desirable.
- Possess a strong Financial Management and ERP background and is ready to transition their functional knowledge into training to support customers.
- Must have excellent communication, organizational and time management skills with strong attention to detail; capable of communicating ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to the customers and technical resources.
- Must be a self-starter with exceptional consulting and analytical skills; able to work both independently and cohesively within a team.
- Must be fully fluent in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Project and Access a plus.
- Experience to support the training development effort to include developing curriculum, materials, producing video training content with quality sound recordings (CBTs), and conducting training webinars and instructor led training.
- Experience with change management programs supporting ERP implementations.
- Extensive working-level knowledge of Momentum configuration and application functionality in areas such as: Budget Execution, General Ledger, Financial Reporting, Security, Workflow, and Reference Data
- Direct experience with delivery of work products and deliverables in support of Momentum or other federal government financial system implementations or upgrades
- Requires a candidate who has performed in a variety of different roles throughout the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Must be a U.S. citizen, per contract requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance; prefer candidates with an active clearance
- Experience leading a training effort involving 500-1000 system users.
- 2-3 years of experience with Business Process Re-engineering.
- 1-2 years of experience with Federal Financial Reporting.
- 2-3 years of Project Management experience and creating/delivering briefings to Senior Executives.
- A working understanding of the DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting, and Execution (PPBE) process with emphasis on the Budgeting component would be beneficial but not required.
- Experience with Momentum implementations in a DoD environment.
TeraThink offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for career growth and professional development. Benefits include a paid-time off plan and 401k-participation program.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at TeraThink to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out our website at TeraThink.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TeraThink is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)