Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, eight consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time. TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success.
Mid-Senior role working on Financial Reporting work stream. Possess subject matter expertise in Financial Statement preparation. Assist with ensuring team is on target during closings, coordinating with other stakeholders during Quarter and Year-end closings. Quality check and validate work of more Jr. accountants. Possess 6 years + of experience, to include experience training and providing guidance to more Jr. staff members. CPA, CGFM or other certification preferred.
What You’ll Do
This candidate will provide guidance and direction on tasks with significant subject matter knowledge in the preparation of financial statements for a Government entity, to include: GTAS and SF133 or the equivalent. SME knowledge of Quarter and Year-end closings and required for reporting to Treasury under the Data Act. Quality check and validate work of more junior accounting staff. Assist the Financial Reporting PM and Lead with the day-to-day work on Financial Reporting work stream and may assist with some Audit Support areas of responsibility- ability to cross train required. Ensure quality of deliverables, timeliness, accuracy, on schedule. Assist PM with administrative requests as necessary. Assist with interviewing/vetting new candidates onboarding and training when requested. Maintain regular communications and updates to Prime/Sub Contractor personnel, Program Manager, PM’s and client.
Things We Need to See
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; and/or combination of experience
- Minimum of 6 years of consultancy experience and/or related work experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and quality check work of more Jr. staff
- Significant knowledge and experience in financial statement preparation in a government setting
- Ability and willingness to take direction from Project Managers and Program Manager to fulfill contract requirements
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and some weekends when required
Things We Would Like to See
- CPA, CGFM or other certification strongly preferred
- General ledger preparing statements of net cost financial reporting and financial footnotes related to capitalizatiaon of assets
- Obligation/deobligation analysis
- Quarterly Financial Report (QFR) - Quarterly Performance Review (QPR)
- Prepare journal entries using U.S. Standard General Ledger (USSGL) accounts and general ledger activities
- Perform general ledger cleanup, including analysis of abnormal accounts and corrections for tie-point issues
- Identify imputed costs, accruals, and intragovernmental entries
TeraThink offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for career growth and professional development. Benefits include a paid-time off plan and 401k-participation program.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at TeraThink to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out our website at TeraThink.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TeraThink is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protec
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)