Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, eight consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time. TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success.
Terathink is seeking a Financial Reporting Task Lead to work on a Financial Reporting work stream responsible for assisting PM with preparing closing schedules, quality checking and validating work of a team of 4 accountants. Quality check and validate work of more junior team members.
What You’ll Do
This candidate will provide guidance and direction on tasks with significant subject matter knowledge in the preparation of financial statements for a Government entity, to include: GTAS and SF133 or the equivalent. SME knowledge of Quarter and Year-end closings and required reporting to Treasury under the Data Act, quality check and validate work of more junior accounting staff. Assist the Financial Reporting PM with the day-to-day project oversight of Financial Reporting- may act as Deputy PM on Financial Reporting and Audit Support areas of responsibility in his/her absence. Ensure quality of deliverables, timeliness, accuracy, on schedule. Assist PM’s with administrative requests as necessary. Assist with interviewing/vetting new candidates for financial reporting work stream when requested. Oversee designated aspects of onboarding and training of new contract personnel for Financial Reporting. Maintain regular communications and updates to Prime/Sub Contractor personnel, Program Manager, PM’s and client. Additional duties may be assigned.
Things We Need to See
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field; and/or combination of experience
- Minimum of 9 years of consultancy experience and/or related work experience
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Lead or overseeing more Junior Accountings
- Demonstrated ability to provide LEAD guidance and quality check work at the project level
- Significant knowledge and experience in accounting, and financial statement preparation in a government setting
- Ability and willingness to take direction
- Ability and willingness to work long hours and some weekends when required
Things We Would Like to See
- CPA, CGFM or other certification strongly preferred
- General ledger preparing statements of net cost financial reporting and financial footnotes related
- Capital assets
- Obligation/deobligation analysis
- Quarterly Financial Report (QFR) - Quarterly Performance Review (QPR)
- Prepare journal entries using U.S. Standard General Ledger (USSGL) accounts and general ledger activities; performed general ledger cleanup, including analysis of abnormal accounts and corrections for tie-point issues
- Identified imputed costs, accruals, and quarterly intragovernmental entries
TeraThink offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for career growth and professional development. Benefits include a paid-time off plan and 401k-participation program.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at TeraThink to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about our organization and the business area you’re applying to. Check out our website at TeraThink.com.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. TeraThink is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)