TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success. Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, seven consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time.
To this end, we are actively seeking a Federal Financials Accountant for our team engaged with a Federal Client in Reston, VA.
The candidate will be a part of a system integration team supporting a multi-service/multi-agency solution built on Momentum Financials® software and established as a key initiative to provide full visibility of funds distributed through the Department. The candidate will work with key accounting client staff to define the USSGL structure, the configuration of the Momentum Financials® software, and the configuration of necessary External Reporting components, such as GTAS, CARS, DDRS, and Financial Statements. Scope of work will require candidates to provide recommendations on USSGL posting models within the ERP based on prior experience and knowledge of federal regulations.
Responsibilities and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Defining the USSGL configuration necessary to meet External Reporting requirements.
- Providing recommendations on the USSGL posting model within the ERP based on prior experience and knowledge of federal regulations.
- Documenting system requirements required to implement new posting models that are USSGL compliant and to improve the accuracy, reliability, and compliance of the financial statements and reporting. Posting models must encompass funds distribution processes including but not limited to reprogramming, appropriation, apportionment, warrants, and continuing resolution.
- Interacting with senior government clients, serving as a client liaison, and participating in meetings to ensure customer requirements are met.
- Defining required posting models and external reporting configuration.
- Assessing the system’s Standard Financial Information Structure (SFIS) compliance and make recommendations to the agency to address any compliance deficiencies.
- Cross-walking financial data to and from external financial systems to the General Ledger posting models and/or SFIS.
- Supporting the full system development lifecycle required to deploy new capabilities and additional GL posting models.
- Identifying and recommending opportunities for the client and Department to conduct Business Process Reengineering (BPR).
- Other duties as assigned to support the implementation of new functionality and the migration of users to the ERP system.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, per contract requirements
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance if required by contract.
- BA/BS degree in accounting, information systems, or related field is preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience with implementing USSGL in a federal environment.
- Strong functional proficiency in configuring and implementing the DoD Chart of Accounts and DoD Transaction Library.
- Extensive knowledge of the federal financial regulations, DoD processes, DoD directives and instructions, and program guidance documents.
- Experience with GTAS, Data Act, DDRS, and other federal reporting requirements.
- Prior experience with implementing a federal financial system for a government agency.
- Professional certifications such as CDFM and CPA or equivalent are preferred.
- Working knowledge of Standard Financial Information Structure (SFIS) compliance is preferred.
- Experience with CGI’s Momentum Financials® ERP solution is preferred.
- Must be capable of working independently and using the available resources to identify and present work products and deliverables.
- Must be capable of communicating ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to the customers and technical resources.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
TeraThink is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, ancestry, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender identity, familial status, political affiliation, or any other classification protected by state or federal law.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)