TeraThink’s mission is to provide sound solutions to our customers, achieving the highest degree of quality, efficiency, and customer satisfaction. To ensure our customer’s objectives are met, we promote technological solutions that ultimately enhance business processes and increase operational efficiencies. To this end, we are actively seeking a Data Analytics / Business Analyst for our team engaged with a Department of Defense client in Arlington, VA.
TeraThink provides analytics expertise for our client’s Enterprise performance management program. The Data Analytics consultant will act as the liaison between the performance management team and dashboard clients from a specific department to help them implement metrics. The analyst must have strong analytical skills and knowledge of best practices related to metric development. Responsibilities will include gathering requirements, uploading data and creating visualizations/metrics in Tableau, demonstrating new capabilities, and promoting the EPMS Dashboard as the tool for conducting performance management at our client.
- Contribute to use of performance management frameworks and methodologies
- Communicate with clients, via meetings and requirements gathering sessions
- Define KPIs, metrics and collect data
- Implement metrics in Tableau Desktop
- Prepare data for upload into SQL databases
- Perform data analysis
- Interact daily with clients and project management
- Prepare and give presentations
- Perform small group facilitation
- Support weekly status reporting
- Must be a U.S. citizen, hold an interim DoD Secret (or higher) security clearance
- Candidate must have a Bachelor's degree, or higher, in a related field
- The ideal candidate must have 3+ years of experience in a functional (or business analyst) role, including defining metrics and collecting data.
- The candidate will have advanced data analysis skills, presentation skills and facilitation skills.
- Experience with Tableau (or similar COTS BI tools) is a plus. This includes using BI/dashboard tools for data analysis; implementing a BI/dashboard tool; advising on strategies for BI/dashboard tools; and defining performance management best practices.
- Three years of experience defining key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics
- Three years of experience benchmarking complex government processes and or metrics
- Advanced data analysis skills utilizing MS Excel 2010 (including pivot tables and formulas)
- Advanced facilitation skills with both large and small groups
- Strong data visualization skills
- Advanced presentation skills utilizing MS PowerPoint 2010
- Knowledge and experience using Tableau or similar Business Intelligence tools.
- Tableau Qualified Associate or higher.
- Knowledge of SQL and stored procedures
- Knowledge of and skill with performance management frameworks and methodologies (Balanced Scorecard, Baldridge etc.)
- All work must be performed at the client site in Arlington, VA. Telework and Alternative Work Schedules are not permitted by the client.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)