TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success. Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, seven consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time.
To this end, we are actively seeking an Accountant/Audit/Compliance Support for a prestigious Government Client in Washington, DC.
The candidate will work on a contract at the Department of Justice (DOJ) in Washington, DC (NW) providing services to MLARS as a part of the Equitable Sharing Compliance Team. The candidate will assist in ensuring compliance with the Equitable Sharing Guide, and establishing and enhancing cooperation among approximately federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies by sharing financial proceeds 7,200 state and law enforcement agencies who participate in the program. Up to 40% travel within the continental US for approximately 2-3 days duration (average of 1-2 times per month) is required.
Principal Job Responsibilities:
• Evaluate agency and program compliance with equitable sharing policies, procedures and controls.
• Establish strategies and manage evaluations of the Equitable Sharing Program and Asset Recovery Support Program for efficiencies and effectiveness; subsequently developing recommendations to improve operations.
• Recommend changes to equitable sharing processing practices in order to promote compliance with statutory and Departmental policies and procedures.
• Identify and analyze trends in the equitable sharing program and if persistent or recurring problems are identified, recommend appropriate changes in policies or procedures.
• Analyze requests associated with the use of equitably share funds in accordance with established guidelines and provide recommendations to the Section Chief as to whether to approve or deny the request.
• Perform detailed equitable sharing and asset recovery program compliance audit procedures, internal control reviews and/or special projects as directed.
- 1-2 years’ experience performing accounting or financial management work with a focus on internal controls or auditing.
- A bachelor’s degree is required. Preferred Accounting or Finance.
- Ability to assist in the development and coordination of policies, methodologies, and procedures (SOP development).
- Ability to effectively participate in discussions of financial management, audit support, and governmental accounting and program operational matters.
- Ability to perform analysis of financial and accounting data.
- Proficient in information systems and the application of new technology and Governmental accounting activities to include applications for accounting, auditing and financial reporting systems and software packages (to include proficiency in Excel).
- Familiarity with referencing source documents to determine compliance and identify audit findings and compliance exceptions.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to brief situations for senior level Government management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects with strict deadlines in a fast-paced work environment.
There is no better time to join a great company! TeraThink offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for career growth and professional development. Benefits include a paid-time off plan and 401k participation programs. Come join a winning team and begin your career with us!
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)