To this end, we are actively seeking a Budget Analyst for our team engaged with a federal client in Crystal City, VA.
Helping a federal government organization prepare financial statements, resolve abnormal balances and implement improvements to the process so that is it more reliable, more efficient and more accurate. This job includes supporting the larger team, and may involve performing one or more of the following responsibilities:
- Audit support including assisting with corrective action plan implementation, reviewing processes to identify improvements, assisting with the annual assurance statement, and providing training on new and existing policies and procedures.
- Assisting with preparing and validating audit deliverables, and serving as audit liaison.
- Generate a SF-133 using monthly trial balance data, performing in depth accounting relationship analysis, preparing journal vouchers for review and approval, and coordinating with stakeholders to validate completeness and accuracy.
- Ensure beginning balances are correct on all financial reports.
- Validate amounts on the financial reports to the trial balance.
- Validate budget authority amounts to supporting documents, such as SF-132s.
- Roll-up data on the SF-133 and GTAS Bulk File to an appropriate summary level for comparison with the SBR.
- Compare data between the SBR, SF-133 and GTAS to confirm that, while the presentation may be different, the underlying balances for related line items should agree.
- Document explanations for differences, and ensure that they are appropriate.
- Assist with the review of the fiduciary balances that are provided on behalf of OPM, DOL and Treasury to be reported on the financial statements.
- Identify root causes for errors/misstatements and take corrective action to resolve the error.
- Conduct financial statement and footnote mapping validation against USSGL & Prep Guide.
- Populate the formatted draft statements with the prior-year ending balances.
- Reconcile financial statements and footnotes to trial balance
- Review financial statement edit checks and tie points
- Prepare the Schedule of Spending
- Validate consistency of information in the MD&A with financial statements and footnotes.
- Facilitate discussion with government stakeholders to thoroughly review the financial statements package and fluctuation analysis explanations to promote common understanding and agreement with the balances before submitting.
- 2+ years’ experience performing accounting or financial management work with a focus in financial statement abnormal balance reconciliation, tie point analysis and working knowledge of USSGL is a plus.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- US Citizenship is required as this supports a Government Agency.
- Big 4 experience highly desired.
- Experience is needed in one of the following areas that demonstrates knowledge of USSGL:
- Federal financial statement preparation,
- Auditing of financial statements,
- Abnormal balance analysis, reconciliation and correction,
- Other appropriate accounting experience.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)