TeraThink is seeking a Accounting Operations Support Consultant to join the EBAS-DAI Support team at our client in Arlington, VA. Responsibilities include :
- Reviews and analyzes financial transactions and underlying data to support amounts represented within government financial system.
- Researches and resolves any discrepancies noted between the transactional data within government financial system and available supporting documentation.
- Assist client in the selection, configuration, and testing, of potential ERP systems to be implemented to improve clients ability to perform as good financial stewards for
- Apply expertise in the utilization and interpretation of financial concepts, policies, and procedures as promulgated by Statements of Federal Financial Accounting Standards, the DoD Financial Management Regulation, and established best practices.
- Performs accounting assignments and special projects.
- Organizes data for use in executing analysis and clean-up of accounting information.
- Provides advice on improving financial operations. Assist in the execution of WHS' Tri-Annual Review.
- Analysis of unliquidated obligations to ensure obligations and expenditures noted within WHS' financial records are valid and properly stated.
- Process accounting transactions to correct obligations and expenditures within WHS' financial records.
- Assist with WHS/FMD helpdesk operations as needed.
- Assist with DAI implementation and conversion training.
The candidate shall possess the following knowledge and skills to support this requirement:
- Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to obtain a Secret clearance, per contract requirements.
- The candidate shall possess the following knowledge and skills to support the Accounting Support Role:
- Ability to assist in the development and coordination of accounting policies, methodologies, and procedures.
- Ability to effectively participate in discussions of financial management, audit support, and governmental accounting and program operations and matters.
- Ability to perform analysis of financial and accounting data.
- Proficient in information systems and the application of new technology and Governmental accounting activities to include applications for accounting, auditing and financial reporting systems and software packages (to include proficiency in Excel).
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to brief situations for senior level Government management.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects within a stressful environment.
- Must be fully fluent in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio. Project and Access a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance highly preferred from an accredited University.
There is no better time to join a great company! TeraThink offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for career growth and professional development. Benefits start on your first day of employment and include a paid-time off plan and 401k participation program. Come join a winning team and begin your career with us!
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)