TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success. Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 14 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, eight consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time.
To this end, we are actively seeking a Forensic Accountant, for our team engaged with a Federal Client in Arlington, VA.
The candidate will perform forensic accounting support and data analytics support to a federal government client. This will involve analyzing financial data to find discrepancies, collaborating with the government regarding the impact of discrepancies, and drilling down into the source of the discrepancies to determine the reason. The candidate will not receive day to day direction from the client, and is expected to work fairly independently to identify areas of concern in the data (via analytics) and then (without direction) determine the root cause. When the cause is determined, the results will be presented to government executives for review.
Government executives (CFO and Deputy CFO) will collaborate with the candidate intermittently, but it is expected the candidate will take ownership and work independently from them. The candidate will work as part of a larger TeraThink team, which will support the candidate and will collaborate with the candidate as concern areas are identified, and assist the candidate with analytics as needed. The candidate is not expected to work independently of the team, but as a collaborative team member. Our approach emphasizes teamwork and places quality and client satisfaction as a team effort, not solely an individual effort.
Additional activities may include:
• Developing approaches for accounting business processes, internal controls, people and technology for accounting and financial lines of business.
• Developing remediation and transition plans for people, technology, processes and controls that addresses identified risks and gaps and assisting with implementing remediation plans.
• Audit support including assisting with corrective action plan implementation, reviewing processes to identify improvements, assisting with the annual assurance statement, and providing training on new and existing policies and procedures.
• Validate amounts on the financial reports to the trial balance.
• Ensure balances are not abnormal, without appropriate explanations.
• Document explanations for balance differences, and ensure that they are appropriate.
• Obtain explanations for invalid differences and make appropriate corrections, if necessary.
• Conduct monthly analytical procedures on trial balance data, including relationship tests at the fund/budget fiscal year basis.
• Assist with the review of the fiduciary balances that are provided on behalf of OPM, DOL and Treasury to be reported on the financial statements.
• Conduct monthly analytical procedures on upward/downward adjustment account balances.
• Identify root causes for errors/misstatements and take corrective action to resolve the error.
• Determine best practices for either correcting the underlying problem causing errors, or develop a routine workaround to resolve the problem.
• Review financial statement edit checks and tie points
• Review footnote edit checks and tie points.
• Prepare the Schedule of Spending
CPA or CGFM certification desired but not required.
5 years of relevant government work experience.
Ability to analyze financial anomalies and trace the transactions to find the root cause of the anomalies is required.
Ability to handle multiple priorities is required.
The candidate must be a self-starter and be able to provide expert analysis to government stakeholders without direction and support.
- Must be a U.S. citizen, per contract requirements
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)