TeraThink is an exceptionally nimble, resourceful team of information technology and management consultants that’s purpose-built to help our clients drive real, rapid progress and make smart, sustainable improvements that lead to less stress and greater operational success. Founded in 2002, TeraThink has celebrated 15 years of successful delivery of innovative and quality services to the Federal Government. We have made great strides in our industry growing north of $50M in revenue and employing over 220 people. Our company has been recognized four times on Washington Technology’s Fast 50 List, eight consecutive years on Inc. 500/5000, and most recently named to the Virginia Chamber of Commerce Fantastic 50 for the third time.
TeraThink Corporation is looking for a Junior Accountant for a new project in Austin, TX The ideal Candidate should possess a Bachelors degree in Accounting (24 Hours) as well as 2+ years of Accounting experience. Successful candidates should have demonstrated proficiency in gathering data for senior team members, conducting and documenting research, managing team databases and knowledge repositories, taking notes during meetings and interviews, drafting process flow diagrams, contributing to project reports and training materials, and performing training and knowledge sharing. Additional skills and responsibilities are defined below:
Provide support to delivery team in financial management areas of financial reporting, Cost Accounting, and/or financial business systems
Reviews, reconciles, and processes appropriate transactions. Researches and resolves all Treasury reconciliation inquiries.
Reviews and reconciles all monthly reports for the stations serviced by the FSC.
This will include receivables, advances, suspense, undelivered orders, payables, and fixed assets.
Determines the nature of errors, and upon receiving approval makes adjustments in the correct appropriation.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Finance or other Business-related field
- 2+ year of experience performing financial statement audits and/or auditability assessments
- 0-1+ year of experience in reviewing, analyzing, validating, and reconciling financial/accounting information
- Experience improving accounting and transaction process, internal control objectives and generally accepted accounting principles
- Proven experience effectively prioritizing workload to meet deadlines and work objectives
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly, succinctly, and in a manner that appeals to a wide audience
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation creation tools, as well as Internet research tools
- Ability to obtain and maintain the required clearance for this role
There is no better time to join a great company! TeraThink offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for career growth and professional development. Benefits start on your first day of employment and include a paid-time off plan and 401k-participation program. Come join a winning team and begin your career with us!
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however; only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)